Read Hebrews 12:18-29 with a friend and remember the main points from today’s talk:
I. Mt. Sinai was a place of Fear of Danger (Hebrews 12:18-21)
II. Mt. Zion was a place where people could delight in belonging with God. (v. 19-24)
III. Encouragement to Listen to Jesus (v. 25-29)
- Don’t refuse Jesus speaking (v. 25)
- Warning for those who don’t listen (v. 26-27)
- Encouragement for those are in His unshakeable kingdom (28-29)
Remember the passages that tell the backstory of Hebrews 12:
- Exodus 19-20
- Deuteronomy 5
- Genesis 4
- The book of Hebrews
- What are my top three fears? What do I fear the most?
- Am I fearing the right things?
- How might fear be impacting the way I think and act?
- Look at the different descriptions of the two mountains, what is the reason they are different experiences of God?
- Do I delight in the truth that I belong with God because of Jesus? Have I put my trust in Jesus yet?
- What would life look like if I responded gratefully to God by worshiping Him in reverence and awe during the next week?
- As I listen to Jesus as a citizen of God’s unshakeable kingdom, what is one next step I can take right now?