If you are a young adult, here are some ways you can get connected:
1. Small Groups – That’s where we read the Bible together, pray for each other and do life together. If you’re not already in a young adult Small Group, sign up to one. They happen weekly.
2. Throwback Thursday (TBT) – Once every 3 months we will have TBT. That’s where we think about a topic and what the Bible has to say about it. You don’t need to sign up for this currently, but keep your eye on our social media platforms because that’s when you will need to register.
3. Large Socials – Once every 3 months (hopefully in person but otherwise on zoom), we will have some big socials for young adults. This will also be communicated on our social media page. You also do not need to sign up for these now.
4. Small Hangouts – These are monthly smaller hangouts where you can go for coffee, play games together, go bowling or other activities. If you sign up for these, you will be connected into a group of 5 people from Fellowship and then you can invite more people from outside Fellowship.
5. Mentoring – Once every 3-4 weeks. We can learn so much from older mature Christians. If you sign up to be mentored, you will be connected with a mature Christian of the same gender to meet up one on one. It will be a safe space for you to share your life, hear wisdom from God’s word and their experience, as well as pray.
6. Discipleship Training Groups – once a week for a period of 3 months. In these groups, you will learn how to grow in maturity and help others grow in maturity in their faith.
7. Accountability Groups – Once every 2-3 months. Sometimes we need people to challenge us and keep us accountable. That’s what you’ll find in the men’s and women’s accountability groups.
8. University Groups – If you’re of university age, we’ve got some specific groups for you as well, including university 2:42 groups, hangouts and more.
Click here to sign up for any of these 8 things.
If you are a young adult and would like to serve in the Young Adults Ministry, here are some ways you can serve:
Young Adults Follow-up Team: Call young adults and check to see how they are going and how we can support them.
Help Organise hangouts (Event Coordinators): Since it can be hard to meet other young adults, organise hang-outs that will help young adults get connected, find friends and create community.
Social Media Communicator: Help get the word out to other young adults about all the events that are happening. This will help them be aware of what’s going on and get connected.
Online Poster Designing – Make posters with the details of our upcoming events so that it can be posted on our social media platforms.
- Administration – There is a lot that needs to happen for people to get connected and attend the different Young Adult activities. Help the core team do administrative tasks to make sure everyone who signs up gets connected.
Click here to sign up to serve. (Note: If you already filled out the form above, you do not need to fill this out again).
If you are not a young adult, why not consider serving in the following ways:
Mentor a Young Adult: We need mature men and women who are willing to mentor the leaders of today. The aim is to walk alongside a Christian young adult to meet one-on-one semi-regularly to do life together, pray together, help them grow in their faith, and discuss life in light of kingdom priorities.
Lead a Young Adult 242 group: Disciple a group of young adults and help them discover God’s Word for themselves so they can disciple other people as well.
Young Adults Follow-up Team: Call young adults and check to see how they are going and how we can support them. Sometimes people find it hard to reach out to someone. So being proactive and calling people is a great way to start.